I’m human. Someone asked me how to get to Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) on a 2008 R2 and my first response was, look under Administrative Tools. Well, as luck would have it, it’s not there. Where is it, MMC? admintools? adminpak? I wasn’t sure. This is a new server and not under my purview so I just assumed it was there. Sometimes I think I’ve forgotten more that I remember, but then, It dawned on me, this is 2008R2 and EVERYTHING is either a role or a feature.
How to add Active Directory Users and Computers to a Windows 2008 R2 Server
- Launch Server Manager
- Click on/Expand Features
- Click Add Features
- Scroll down and expand Remote Server Administration Tools
- Expand Role Administration Tools + AD DS and AD LDS Tools
- Select AD DS Snap-Ins and Command-line Tools
- Click Next. Confirm installation selections and Click install.
- Click Close when the installation succeeds.